4.27.2011

Summer Lovin' Challenge: Week 2

Good morning readers!  I hope you all have been having a great week, and for those of you doing the Challenge I hope you've had a successful week.  I know I have.

Last week I was upset with myself because even though I had lost 3.5 pounds, I hadn't put much effort into actually changing my habits.  But this week I turned it around (like I said I would!).  Instead of tracking food, I put my track book away.  I didn't use it at all.  I decided that I would eat only when I was hungry, not when I was bored or stressed or because the food was just there.  I've been doing great with it.  Several times this week I've been reaching for a snack or candy and thought "Do I need this?  Am I hungry?" and was able to pull my hand back and walk away if the answer was no.  And when I was hungry, I tried to make the healthiest choices possible.  For instance, I made a little pizza for lunch the other day with a FlatOut Italian wrap (don't buy these, they seriously taste like cardboard - they're only good for pizzas) and opted to put red and green peppers on it instead of pepperoni.  My photo class got pizza the other day, and I chose the smallest slice of tomato-topped pizza (not pepperoni), and didn't even eat a breadstick.  AND I was sitting right next to the pizza boxes.  I've been snacking on veggies instead of cheese, eating fruit instead of sugar...the list of healthy changes goes on!  Last night I made myself a baked potato after work.  Normally I slather my baked potatoes in cheese so thick it usually won't even melt.  But last night I found myself automatically limiting the cheese to about a 1/4 cup and I didn't even have to fight myself about it.  I thought, "I should put less cheese on, I don't need all that".  And I did it, without a second thought.  I'm so proud of myself!

And the scale reflected it this week, too.

I lost another 3 pounds and currently weigh 201.5! 

I'm finally feeling better and am able to breathe without too much coughing, so I'm hoping to get back into the gym sometime this week.  Probably not this weekend because it's my boyfriend's birthday and my family is coming into town for the official opening of my exhibit at the museum, but I'm hopeful for Monday. 

Well I've made myself late for class again.  I'll take and post new measurements tomorrow, I promise!  Have a great Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! you are so close to onederland! awesome changes ur makin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! You totally deserve that number! Weeeeeeeeee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are almost to ONEderland! Congrats! You are doing amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah! Congrats on mindful eating and NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, I wanna interview you for summer lovin'!! lemmeknowifyou'reokwiththatsoonplease!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear what you have to say!