2.09.2011

Still Feeling Good

Wednesday.  Hump day.  The day that students weary of academia dread (this week is only halfway over?).  Although there is plenty of work left in my week, I'm looking forward to getting a full night's sleep tonight - tomorrow I don't have class until 2:30 in the afternoon.  And since my boyfriend leaves early in the morning for class, that means I'll get the bed allll to myself for naps aplenty!  I can't wait. 

Over the weekend, I said that this week I wanted to start redirecting my habits toward a healthier focus.  Although originally I had planned on getting back into a workout schedule this week, I have ended up focusing more on eating healthy food.  For the sake of my waistline (and my budget...) I have been challenging myself to eat only healthy food from my apartment.  Let me repeat that: I have been eating only healthy food from my apartment for three days straight.  By "healthy food", I mean fruits and vegetables, whole grains, only a tiny amount of goat cheese, and skim milk (I did have a few small cookies from a box the other night, but not because I craved them - because I deserved them).  I'm not sure I can convey how much of an accomplishment this is for me.  Since I take every moment alone as an excuse to find food and eat a lot of it and I have a lot of downtime on campus near unhealthy food, I'm almost shocked that I haven't strayed from my goal.  I have most definitely been tempted - there are several convenient places on campus where I can buy and eat cookies, candy, cakes, coffee drinks, etc. 

Of course, I've done this before.  I can always go a few days eating only healthy food, and then I crave bad food so much that I always give in.  But this time I'm expecting it.  I'm waiting for it.  I'm prepared and I know what I want to do.  I know that having a candy bar or a giant brownie or donut just because it's there or I'm upset will not help me get to where I want to be.  Ever.  Why would I hold on to that self-destructive cycle of depressed eating I talked about last time?  It's time to let go of my old habits and make room for new ones.  Tomorrow is a new day and a chance to feel this awesome again.  I am feeling good.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear what you have to say!