2.14.2011

Oh, Monday...

Hi friends!  I hope you're all making awesome valentine's day plans and that you enjoy yourselves today!  My boyfriend and I don't think v-day is all that important so we just tend to ignore it.  And instead of getting flowers or chocolate today, I got the flu!  :(  I feel so awful - I'm achy, nauseous, have a headache, get hot and then cold, and my hands are shaking.  I don't get sick very often, but when I do it really knocks me down.  But I can't skip my classes today because I want to save my absences in case I leave early for Spring Break or something.  So I get to sit through a 3-hour photo class and a Buddhism class in a sweltering room.  Please just kill me now.  : (

For some happier news, though, I have evidence that my holistic approach to a new, healthy life is working!  This morning (at 6am, when I got so hot I had to get out of bed...) my scale said I weigh 206.  When I started this blog, I weighed 212, and my highest ever weight is 216.  So in total I've lost ten pounds, six of them this past week.  I haven't even been exercising at all, except for walking around campus, and I overate the last three days of the week.  I'm chalking part of the loss up to getting sick this week, but I know some of that loss was because of me being mindful and loving myself.  : )

I'm going to go make some peppermint tea now in the hopes of settling my nausea.  Have a healthy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Well done! But I hope you feel better soon - eating right and taking care of yourself will help you on the road to recovery! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear what you have to say!