7.25.2011

Mission: Accomplished!

Hello friends!

I apologize for my ridiculous absence lately.  Between the stress of moving and breaking up with my boyfriend of 4.5 years, combined with more joblessness and financial woes, I had to let blogging take a backseat for a minute.  But I'm back, and with some excellent news.

As of this morning, for the first time in over four years, I finally weigh less than 200 pounds.  I weighed in this morning at 199.5, and I'm looking forward to seeing that number go down as my activity rises.

I am now residing in a little town outside of Louisville, KY.  The move has certainly made me depressed at times.  Although I try to stay as busy as I can, there a couple hours each day that I feel very down and hopeless.  Whenever I feel like this, I try to just sit down and sort out the emotions, cry if I need to, and then get a little activity in.  I've been doing yoga, going on walks, and I've started strength training again.  Knowing that I have all this opportunity to really take care of myself and focus on me, not my family or financial problems or my now ex-boyfriend, makes me really want to accomplish some goals.  Having at long last accomplished my Under 200 goal, I'm feeling much more optimistic about my future in Kentucky. 

My next goal is consistency.  Although I will be keeping an eye on my weight, I am mostly focusing on doing some kind of activity each day.  I'm resisting a scheduled workout plan - it would be setting myself up for failure because I know I'll feel guilty and upset if I'm not able to stick to it.  That's happened too many times this year already.  My goal is to move my body in some way for about half an hour each day and do strength training two times a week.  I feel it's a good place to start.  I'm lucky in that my grandparents' apartment is in a very residential area (and flat!), so I'm sure to be on my bike whenever the Kentucky heat allows me. 

And now it's time for me to go and find a job.  So I shall be back soon and I will do my best to catch up on all your lovely blogs!  Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear about your break up, that can be tough but hey, congrats on the 199.5!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear what you have to say!