4.24.2011

Easter, Illness, and NSV

So, it's Easter.  I'm certainly not a religious person, but I can say that this Easter I am not spending my time stuffing my face with Cadbury Eggs.  You have no idea how much I love Cadbury Eggs.  Cadbury chocolate in general is amazing, but those damn eggs have had such a hold on me for most of my life.  I remember being genuinely depressed in my younger years when stores would stop selling them after the holiday, and being absolutely elated when I saw them again the next year.  I used to joke about buying boxes of them to get me through to the next Easter.  Pretty messed up, but that's where I was. 

However, where I am now is much better.  After the end of TOM, my chocolate cravings have subsided entirely.  I'm losing weight with the Summer Lovin' Challenge.  Although I'm sick and stressed about school, I haven't yet turned to food to make me feel better.  And even though I weigh myself pretty much daily out of curiosity, it's just curiosity.  If the number is higher than I expect, I look for an explanation and then work out a solution to the problem.  I don't fret or complain about like I used to.  It's just a number, one way to measure my progress. 

Another way to measure my progress is by clothes.  I'm sure most of you guys out there have clothes stashed somewhere that you'll "get into someday".  For me, that thing is jeans.  I have about three pairs of size 14 jeans hanging in my closet that I kept because I knew that someday I would be able to wear them again.  I don't know if it was wishful thinking at the time I put them away or if I really did believe in myself that much, but there they are.  And today, I tried on a pair of those size 14 jeans, and they fit!  I didn't even have to struggle to button or zip them.  They were even comfortable.  I still wore my size 16s to the doctor because as the 14s slid around and I was muffin topping a bit and just didn't want to deal with that, but I can proudly say that I am currently able to wear size 14 jeans!  Yaaaay!  This is the size I wore all throughout high school, the size I wore when my boyfriend and I met.  And although I'm not quite ready to go replace all my size 16 jeans (mostly because I don't have the money), it feels great to know that I could.  Once I do buy all new jeans, I never want to wear size 16s again.  I'm not going back.  I am a new woman.  Yay for Easterly rebirths.  : )

Now, for the illness.  Yes, I am sick again.  It sucks. The next paragraph may be a bit TMI, so if you don't want to read it,  close my blog now.


Last chance.



Okay.  I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and there was blood in my urine.  That's never happened to me before, so I kind of freaked out a little bit, but I went back to bed.  I went to the doctor today and explained everything that was wrong with me.  Not only the blood thing, but the cough, the cold, the mysterious rash on my shoulder, the fact that I've been sick pretty much all semester long.  And the doctor diagnosed me with a UTI, an upper respiratory infection, and ringworm.  Ugh.  I just want to be healthy!  I can't work out when I'm sick and can hardly breathe, dammit. 

Oh well.  I'm looking forward to my weigh-in on Wednesday.  I can feel some interesting changes going on and can't wait to see what my final weight for this week will be!

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for 14's boooo for sickness! that sound horrible :( feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Easter candy addiction is the Reese's eggs. I have an unhealthy love of peanut butter...So I understand you completely on that! I have quite a few items hidden in my closet that I have saved because I have always said that I would fit into them again one day...Still waiting on that day for now. I'm glad that you at least went to the doctor! Now you can get what you need to start feeling better again!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear what you have to say!